[CentOS] Centos laptop support

Thu Oct 2 13:48:30 UTC 2014
isdtor <isdtor at gmail.com>

On 2 October 2014 14:22, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/2014 07:02 AM isdtor wrote:
>>
>> Thinkpad T series, and fully agree with Devin. Rock-solid, and pretty much
>> all the pieces work - even Optimus.
>>
>> Still, CentOS would never be my first choice for a personal laptop ...
>

> Why not?  (Not disagreeing, not either agreeing.  Just wondering about your
> reasons and what you'd select instead.)

My use of Linux on laptops predates my exposure to CentOS. I only ever
switched distributions once, and IIRC it was when we were still using
RHEL in the office.

I need a distro that allows keeping up date in a reasonable way (but
not necessarily bleeding edge, like Fedora). A largely static
environment as presented by CentOS over its lifetime doesn't suit. A
new and recent requirement is to keep the machine free of
poetteringware as much as possible.