[CentOS] Centos laptop support

Thu Oct 2 17:01:50 UTC 2014
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 12:49:18 -0400
m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> You sure there was no *separate* thing to check to ->enable<- "legacy boot"?

If there was, it was exceptionally well hidden.  There aren't a whole lot of options in those bios's, though, and I saw at least four completely different versions, so I don't think I would have overlooked that.

Most of the machines (I think all of them, actually) started to boot Centos 6 to at least some extent.  They just failed (lock up, kernel panic, etc) somewhere along the line after that.  And Centos 7 did work on the third one that I tried.