[CentOS] Need to Understand booting process of CENTOS-7

Fri Oct 3 22:05:19 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 15:50 +0100, Jake Shipton wrote:

> On 01/10/14 11:58, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> > It's very simple actually. The first step in the booting process of
> > CENTOS-7 is the application of emf to the system, following which it
> > would initiate the cmos process to load the GPT from disk and hand
> > over to LILO which will bootstrap the kernel from the file allocation
> > table into the high memory area before running systemd to complete the
> > booting process.

> But to a newcomer, the above would just be a random blob of text which
> makes them give you a blank stare.

Never ever heard anyone in the computer world refer either DC or AC
(single or three phase) as EMF regardless of the voltage, amperage,
resistance or impedance.

When applying EMF does one spread it on like peanut butter, water it on
or just press a EMF switch ?

You make an invaluable point. Newcomers to any subject know little, if
anything, about the topic. It is encouraging they are curious and wish
to know more. If one doesn't frighten them away who knows what
significant contributions to our world they may make in years to come.

I'm off to swap-over my EMF conversion unit which arrived by special
delivery this evening. Some might call it a 100-240v AC power adaptor
with 19v DC output.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

Learning until I die or experience dementia.