[CentOS] Mounting LUNs from a SAN array - LUN mappings to devices in /dev/ - are they static?

Sat Oct 4 18:12:38 UTC 2014
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 10/04/2014 12:22 PM, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> Hi All :)
>
> I am currently involved in a project in which there is a SAN array (Sun
> Storagetek 2540) which exports LUNs for some servers with Centos 5.2 x86. I
> will be performing a migration to Centos 5.9 x86_64 in some time and am
> gathering needed info now :)

You've gotten an answer related to the mappings, but you need to address
the need to go to 5.9 which is known to be insecure. You have to be on
5.11 in order to have security updates if you're going with CentOS, period.

Now, if you absolutely must run EL 5.9, then you really should
investigate Scientific Linux, since you can install SL 5.9 and stay with
it, only getting security updates. I suppose you could install C5.9 and
point yum to the SL5.9 security updates repo, but that would be wildly
unsupported.

Better would be educating whoever is insisting on 5.9 with the reality
of knowingly installing an insecure OS.