[CentOS] Centos laptop:: video cards

Sun Oct 5 14:47:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, October 5, 2014 6:34 am, jwyeth.arch at gmail.com wrote:
> ... Ken, please provide links to prove your claims that SRAM is still
> being used as opposed to asking for links for the opposition. I see no
> proof that SRAM is still used at all except for in Xbox One and CPU's L3
> cache, etc. I also see that its much more expensive

Indeed static RAM is [much or not much, still] more expensive. Factors:
more hardware (full blown CMOS flip-flop per cell instead of just one FET
transistor). CMOS chip has more sophisticated manufacturing technology
needing to make two different (complimentary: N-channel and P-channel)
types of MOS transistors (somebody correct me ...). And: dynamic RAM is
manufactured in huge amounts, that always diminishes cost, I've heard.

Valeri