[CentOS] centos 5.11 and postfix

Mon Oct 6 13:55:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, October 6, 2014 5:12 am, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I made a test update of only Postfix and don't see a problem.
> There's indeed a new main.cf file saved as main.cf.rpmnew and there's also
> a new main.cf.default file which contains all default settings of
> postconf.
>
> The data_directory apparently changed from /etc/postfix to
> /var/lib/postfix which affects the SSL relevant file prng_exch. Postfix
> redirects access from old to the new location, maybe you had a problem
> because of this? Selinux? The path is in the new main.cf(.rpmnew), but not
> in my old main.cf file. However, as it is the default it takes effect,
> anyway.

Kay, thanks a lot for your kind reply and your insight. I'll take a look
on some development server to see if that was my problem (data_directory
change). It is awfully non-Enterprise to do that withing the same release
(meaning 5, not re-spon 5.11). I was better opinion about RedHat team...

No it is not Selinux (which is off and I have my opinion about
Selinux...). And no, it is not main.cf, rpm does excellent job keeping
them in place and creation ...rpmnew). Thhough in this case it has been
(likely that is the case) defeated by layout of files changed...

> Oct  6 11:17:46 d15 postfix/tlsmgr[5642]: warning: request to update file
> /etc/postfix/prng_exch in non-postfix directory /etc/postfix
> Oct  6 11:17:46 d15 postfix/tlsmgr[5642]: warning: redirecting the request
> to postfix-owned data_directory /var/lib/postfix
>
>> with syrus-sasl authentication on SSLed port done via dovecot.
>
> This  confused me a bit first. I assume you just meant to say SASL, no
> Cyrus involved. Same here. No matter, if SSL or not.

You are right, it is dovecot SASL, not cyrus SASL.... just slip of my tongue.

Thanks again!

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator