[CentOS] Centos laptop:: video cards

Mon Oct 6 16:39:50 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/6/2014 1:24 AM, ken wrote:

> I never claimed "that SRAM is still being used", though links already
> provided do mention that.

yes, you did.  you said....

> ... I've always insisted on video cards with static RAM. Or perhaps
> your understanding of static RAM is different from what I'm talking
> about.

and I provided my understanding of ram, via definitions of Static vs
Dynamic RAM, and asked you for an example of a laptop or chipset with
static ram based graphics.  you never replied to this.

> I asked John for links because he made quite a few claims which asked
> for substantiation or, at minimum, more investigation.

my assertation about onboard graphics performance vs midrange discreet
graphics was based on my own testing, and is unpublished, so I dont have
any links to share with you on this.   you could, I suppose, look things
up on most any of the benchmarking sites, such as
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/mid_range_gpus.html  and note that in
3D 'Passmark', the Intel HD4600 is nearly as fast as the Geforce GT
735M, which is a typical lower end laptop discrete graphics card.   the
monster high end cards are, of course, many times faster than this, for
example a GT870M is 3380, about 5X faster (on a different 'high end'
page on that same site).    These are purely 3D benchmarks, and relate
more to gaming performance than desktop.