[CentOS] Dell Dimension 2400 W/Intel 845-G Video

Tue Oct 7 01:22:39 UTC 2014
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 10/05/14 23:34, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/5/2014 7:47 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>> I've been Googeling and experimenting for two days trying to find a way
>> to deal with the Intel 845-G video chipset in this Dell Dimension 2400.
>
> thats a Pentium 4 chipset from 2002, with 2nd generation intel embedded
> graphics ?    thats some seriously old stuff.

I've got older stuff in the spare room, but it doesn't have a cranky
video chip.

So, does anyone know where I can find out if there is a driver that
supports this stuff?  I know there's a web site where I can find the
appropriate driver for Nvidia chip sets.  Is there anything like that
for Intel stuff?

--
    _
   °v°