[CentOS] CentOS 7 remove items on screen

Tue Oct 7 13:15:11 UTC 2014
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

>>* How can I remove the four items on screen?
*>>* Applications,
*>>* Places
*>>* home
*>>* trash
*
>Mate allows me to remove those things using dconf-editor.  I have check >boxes for computer-icon-visible, home-icon-visible, network-icon-visible, >trash-icon visible and volumes-visible under org-mate-caja-desktop.

>The same set of checkboxes are also available under gnome-nautilus-desktop.

Frank - this suggestion worked. I got rid of the icons on the screen...

Do you have any "tricks" for getting rid of the "Applications" and "Places"

in the top menu bar? or remove the menu bar all together.

Or at minimal - if you click on them - no further menus are given.

Thanks,

Jerry