[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Wed Oct 8 17:45:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, October 8, 2014 12:36 pm, Digimer wrote:
> On 08/10/14 01:35 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

>>> Just a heads up to those who haven't seen this yet. The main author of
>>> systemd publicly wrote about being basically persecuted.
>>>
>>> https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LennartPoetteringTheOneAndOnly/posts/J2TZrTvu7vd
>>
>> OK, I for one am boycotting his creature, to the extent I can, the way I
>> can: I move my servers away from Linux (to FreeBSD, if someone
>> interested). None of my server will run on the box that has systemd.
>> Workstations stay Linux...
>>
>> Valeri
>
> That is fair and fully your choice.
>
> Wishing the man harm though, as some have done, is entirely irrational.

When someone is saying "they are looking into hiring hitman for me" I'm
not only questioning sanity of "them" (and we know many examples when
majority is nasty), but also sanity of person who claims that. I do have
(my humble, yet awfully strong) opinion about mental abilities of authors
of systemd. And I personally will not wish anybody of them harm (even
though their systemd did a lot of harm to Linux), I just find better
system for what I do...

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator