[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Wed Oct 8 20:53:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, October 8, 2014 1:25 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:

>>> Why? In what way am I coming up with new complicated overlays for what
>>> we both use, and effectively forcing you to use it?
>>>
>>> And note that I used the word "forcing" because most organizations of
>>> any size are about as likely to*completely*  change o/s's to another
> vendor
>>> as they are to celebrate May Day by running through the streets in the
>>> nude.
>>
>> I was commenting re your constant complaining that you don't like
>> change, therefore its all wrong/bad/whatever.  In YOUR opinion.
>
> First, I refute that - I do not "constantly complain" that I don't like
> change; I do have every right to join others, with all of us complaining
> that we dislike a significant sweeping change. And, for that matter, most
> of us don't have time in our life to join the fedora developer's list, and
> argue there long enough and loudly enough to promote change.
>>
>> we get it already, give it a rest.    If you want to complain to someone
>> for choosing to use systemd or whatever, bitch at Red Hat, not CentOS,
>> and certainly not the CentOS user community (this list).
>
> Does this also apply to everyone else on the list complaining? Why single
> me out, esp. since I was *not* the OP for this thread.
>
>        mark

No. I got my portion too. For consistently mentioning FreBSD. So, you are
not alone. But I've apologized. And, hey, didn't I per chance get my
portion from you? Never mind, whomever from, I deserved it ;-)

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago