[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Thu Oct 9 18:30:00 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 09.10.2014 um 16:57 schrieb Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>:
>> I have.  And I know how to.  Ascii sort order is a straightforward
>> concept for both humans and computers.  I knew how to deal with
>> scenarios with subtle issues like the network service 'completing'
>> startup even though the connected switch was still doing spanning tree
>> and the next network operation would fail.  And now I don't know how
>> to tell how introducing some new arbitrary service will interact with
>> an existing arbitrary set.
>
> As I said, because you don't known doesn't mean its faulty -> human factor.

"human factor"  means it is extra work for someone who was already
using a linux distribution because it did what they wanted - which
doesn't seem good to me either.  And since I don't understand it, I
don't know how to prove that some arbitrary addition can't cause a
dependency loop when added to some arbitrary existing configuration.
Do you?

>> You are just deferring the pain unless you plan to retire before EOL
>> for EL6 and foist the work off on someone else.
>

> An interesting idea, that was born in your head, right?

No, it is a very real scenario for me.  If I leave the upgrades for
someone else it will probably be the end of linux use here.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com