[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Fri Oct 10 16:06:34 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 11:51 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Always Learning wrote:
> > Systemd should be been much more widely discussed with the general
> > Linux / Red Hat and clones community. I am sure beneficial improvements
> > would have been proposed and, hopefully, implemented prior to Red Hat's
> > adoption.

> Absolutely.

As a computer person of nearly 50 years experience (wish I was 20
again), I have long recognised the essential fact ....

* That if one gets it Right the first time, one inevitably saves an
awful lot of time and an awful lot of effort subsequently trying to get
it Right or even to "improve" the less than perfect item.

A little critical and constructive effort into the architecture and
functionality of systemd would have brought considerable benefit.
Perhaps the Fedora and RedHat persons might remember this advice when
the next "wonder" is proposed. No reason not to want *genuine*
perfection for all.

--
Regards,

Paul.