[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Fri Oct 10 16:14:18 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 11:05 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> It is about fundamental approach. We always modularize things: split into
> smaller subunits each of the last doing its smaller task. This allows to
> make smaller things work reliably, and test these smaller things more
> comprehensively.

Astonishing !  Its how I do my projects, programming and other work.  Do
you think our Fedora friends might adopt your revolutionary idea ?

>  As it is much smaller number of combinations of factors
> you need to repeat your test with in case of subunits. People use this
> approach for ages. Programs are split into subroutines. Rockets are built
> from to awful degree independent modules. We had this "modular" system V
> boot until recently. We lost it. We got "iPhone, with whatever you can get
> in App store" instead. And not all of us are pleased by this change. And,
> BTW, there was one of the posts of MS Windows big fan on this list who
> welcomes this change; his post should have made everybody think...

Well, one suggestion is we set-up a working group to devise a
replacement (or replacements) for systemd. The most difficult task is
selecting a nice name for the systemd replacement.

No good anyone moaning when only action will bring change.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.