[CentOS] CentOS 7 docs, tutorials, etc...

Fri Oct 10 17:52:46 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 12:21 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Fri, October 10, 2014 12:01 pm, William Woods wrote:
> > Really, you have some URL’s to back up the paranoia ?
>
> Well, that's the problem with closed source systems (Which MS Windows is
> and commercial antiviruses for it are). One can claim something and there
> is no way to prove it is right or it is wrong (or left? ;-)
>
> I remember some clever person said: "security can only be in open source".
> There are systems that are not [quite] open source, even though they are
> based on open source. I may be out of date but some time ago (last time I
> cared to check) Android was not (even though it is based on Linux kernel,
> there is fair chunk of closed code in its kernel). Everybody is free to
> imagine me with tin foil hat on, or with pointy hat on...

The default setting for Android is to give Google all your passwords
including Wifi ones. In Europe Google sent motor vehicles, in the guise
of photographing every premise in every street, whilst secretly sniffing
everyone's WiFi equipment.

I long for the day when Centos can replace Google on Android tablets.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.