[CentOS] centos 6.5 input lag

Fri Oct 10 21:11:24 UTC 2014
Joseph L. Brunner <joe at affirmedsystems.com>

If this is a server - is it possible your raid card battery died?

We have seen issuers where the BBWC fails and the box crawls

The only other thing on the hardware side that comes to mind is actual bad sectors if this is not a raided virtual drive.

>From the OS side can you keep the box up long enough to do a yum update?

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Matt Garman
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 7:48 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] centos 6.5 input lag

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Joseph L. Brunner <joe at affirmedsystems.com> wrote:
> Is it under some type of ddos attack?
>
> What's running on this machine? In front of it?

A DDOS attack seems unlikely, though I suppose it's possible.  Sitting between the lagging machine and the Internet is a pfSense box.  All the other machines in the house have no issues, and they all route through the pfSense system.

Right now, the only stuff running on it:

- CrashPlan (java backup application)
- Munin
- Apache (only for Munin, no external access [i.e. no port forwarding from pfSense])
- mpd (music player daemon)

Thanks,
Matt