[CentOS] CentOS 7 docs, tutorials, etc...

Fri Oct 10 21:31:37 UTC 2014
Chris Pemberton <cjpembo at gmail.com>

To Paul and William,

Did either of you think to crack open your laptop cases and check for
embedded key logging hardware on the MB.. it could be in there... that
tiny mislabeled capacitor near the USB bus would be a good hiding
place... or have you been blindly typing away on those keyboards for
several years...?  Does the firmware for your wireless card ever
overstep its bounds and poke around a bit... perhaps to collect info
from the key logger?  That same wireless firmware could probably have
access to your network without your knowledge... Isn't it the government
that stipulates that the firmware be distributed in binary form
only...?  And be sure to "mute" the mic on your machine... they'd never
be smart enough to use the speakers in reverse to accomplish the same
thing :)

All kidding aside;  do either of you audit the source code of your OS
personally... or blindly trust all RH employees "have your back"?

When it comes to "security", don't we all just, eventually, bury our
heads in whichever sand makes us feel safe?