[CentOS] install mp3gain

Sun Oct 12 08:48:43 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/12/2014 1:28 AM, Chris wrote:
> what's the easiest way to install mp3gain on CentOS 6? I've found it in
> the rpmforge repository only. I don't want to add it since there are
> many obsolete packages in. Is there any other way?

A) get the rpm from that repo, and just install it directly.

B) install rpmforge, but set its .conf file to disabled, and only
--enablerepo=rpmforge  when you're installing mp3gain

C) download the SRPM and rebuild it so it uses dependencies from other
repos that are maintained, then maintain the package forevermore.

D) download the source to mp3gain, and build it, so it runs in
/usr/local/bin and you just maintain it as source (looks like last
version was 5 years ago)