[CentOS] drbd

Sun Oct 12 19:55:55 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/12/2014 12:30 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 12/10/14 02:52 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 10/12/2014 9:30 AM, Digimer wrote:
>>> I can't speak to backuppc, but I am curious how you're managing the
>>> resources. Are you using cman + rgmanager or pacemaker?
>>
>> strictly manually, with drbdadm and such.   if the primary backup server
>> ever fails, I'll bring up the backup by hand.
>
> OK. So what's your start-up procedure? How should things start
> automatically then and where exactly is backuppc hanging up? Is it
> trying to start before DRBD is Primary?

Just autostarting the demon with chkconfig on, didn't do anything else
special.     when I reboot the master, its coming up
secondary/secondary, and I manually have to kick it to primary then
mount the file system, then start the backuppc service.

>> its the drbd8.3 package from elrepo.
>
> So 8.3.16?

yeah.  drbd83-utils-8.3.16-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64

> syncer { rate 200M; }
>>     }

it is fairly fast storage, and gigE.  I had temporarily tweaked that up
to 200M to speed up the verify process, it was set to 50M before, and I
just now set it back.

> What does 'drbdadm dump' show? That will give a better idea of the
> actual setup. I'm interested specifically in the start parameters (ie:
> become-primary-on, etc).

# /etc/drbd.conf
common {
     syncer {
         rate             50M;
     }
}

# resource main on svfis-sg1.netsys.stsv.seagate.com: not ignored, not
stacked
resource main {
     protocol               C;
     on sg1.domain.com {
         device           /dev/drbd0 minor 0;
         disk             /dev/vg_sg1data/lvdata;
         address          ipv4 10.x.x.70:7788;
         meta-disk        internal;
     }
     on sg2.domain.com {
         device           /dev/drbd0 minor 0;
         disk             /dev/vg_sg2data/lvcopy;
         address          ipv4 10.x.x.71:7788;
         meta-disk        internal;
     }
     disk {