[CentOS] Recommended way of handling iptables firewall in CentOS?

Mon Oct 13 11:36:02 UTC 2014
Ron Loftin <reloftin at twcny.rr.com>

On Mon, 2014-10-13 at 12:30 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Le 13/10/2014 11:11, Reindl Harald a écrit :
> > just write a bash script which resets and configures iptables with the
> > "iptables" command and at the end of the script call "/sbin/service
> > iptables save" which writes the current rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables
> > and so at boot the rules get loaded atomically
>
> Thanks very much! I followed your advice, and here's a first version of
> a firewall script for a LAN server:
>
> https://github.com/kikinovak/centos/blob/master/6.x/firewall/firewall-lan.sh
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Of course, if you are interested in something that will help you to
organize your rules, there is always Shorewall ( Shoreline Firewall )
which I have used for years and found very effective and time-saving.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly