[CentOS] turn bootable USB into bootable iso image

Mon Oct 13 11:57:07 UTC 2014
zep <zgreenfelder at gmail.com>

On 10/13/2014 07:19 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 05:32 AM, aravind J wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 2014 7:12 PM, "Steve Clark" <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So, what I would like to do is to take the Bootable USB and make it
>>> into
>> an ISO.
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>> Create an .img file from the usb by doing a 'dd' from usb to .img file.
>> Then attach the .img file to the vm as a disk and then boot the vm
>> from the
>> disk image to start regular kickstart installation.

have you tried something like k3b?   plug the stick into
a machine and the create an iso rather than burn a
disk from the image.

I'd suggest the 'right' way is to dig into the USB drive
process, find out what all its doing to get the install
going the way you want/need and then convert it
into a pxe/net install.   then it should work for both
vms and physical hardware and you'll have
working knowledge to change/update it and
have more available images.