[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Mon Oct 13 19:47:53 UTC 2014
Chris Beattie <cbeattie at geninfo.com>

On Mon, October 13, 2014 1:50 pm, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Being able to grab your existing desktop remotely with all open
> windows and long-running programs intact is a big plus, though - and
> you get that for free with NX or x2go.  Can you connect remotely to
> your VM host some other way if you aren't at the special desktop?

I didn't mean to imply that you use a multi-seat computer to get to a desktop served by a remote machine, though you could certainly do that if you wanted.  Everyone still needs a machine to function as an endpoint for the remote desktop to be delivered to, though.  You use a multi-seat computer when you don't have enough computers to give everyone their own machine.

Like William Gibson said, "The future is already here - it's just not evenly distributed."  I have enough computers that I could make furniture out of them, but I'm sure there's some cash-strapped school district using donated hardware that would jump at the chance to have their computer lab serve ten students at a time instead of five.

-- -Chris