[CentOS] Recommended way of handling iptables firewall in CentOS?

Mon Oct 13 23:37:13 UTC 2014
Cliff Pratt <enkiduonthenet at gmail.com>

Bare bones is fine, but you miss out on the tools which may make your life
easier. As an example you can configure a DB (PostgreSQL, mySQL, whatever)
using the command, but it is frequently more time-cost effective to use a
tool.

Things like SSH used to be optional at one time. Now it is in every
distribution's standard build. useradd is not really needed. How bare bones
do you want to get?

Cheers,

Cliff