[CentOS] CentOS 7 for i386/32-bit?

Wed Oct 15 19:05:57 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/15/2014 12:14 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Keith Keller
> <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>> On 2014-10-15, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't find the 32 bit version of Centos 7. Would it be because I am not
>>> looking in the right place or does it not exist at all?
>>
>> As others have written, there is no official 32bit version of CentOS 7.
>> There has been talk of a 32bit SIG on the lists, but no official group
>> yet:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup
>
> C7 i686-related talks here:
>
> http://seven.centos.org/2014/01/i686-effort-is-kicking-off/
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-September/thread.html#11868

I want to be able to do this, but I need some time to be able to work on it.

First there was CentOS-5.11, then the Xen upgrade to 4.2.5 for the virt
sig and autoinstall of the xen kernel for grub. and now CentOS-6.6 to
get released.

I have been building all updates for i386 when I build x86_64, so we
should be able to spend 4 or 5 days and get something released for
testing .. if I can come up with 4 or 5 days to get it done. (We already
have a kernel SPEC file and syslinux mods from people on this list)

You can see the i686 packages that are built here:

http://buildlogs.centos.org/

(in the c7.00* and c7-updates directories)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes