[CentOS] Amazon Marketplace AMI

Fri Oct 17 08:56:15 UTC 2014
Thorsten Höger <lists at hoegernet.de>

We had Amazon investigate further and support tells us that the problem is that the old
AMI put the filesystem on the raw disk but the new one is using a partition table.
Attaching the volume to another instance to change the partition table is not possible due
to restrictions on marketplace AMIs.

You can compare it with the 6.5 ReleaseMedia AMI which is working.

Regards,
Thorsten