[CentOS] Samba 4.1.6

Fri Oct 17 19:32:32 UTC 2014
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 01:22:46PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 15:12:30 -0400
> Bowie Bailey wrote:
>
> > That looked great until I got signed in and realized that they do not
> > yet have CentOS 7 packages...
>
> I don't need this so I didn't register and so on, but I'm wondering
> if they offer a source rpm package on that site that you might be
> able to compile yourself?

They do.

https://download.sernet.de/packages/samba/4.1/rhel/6/src/sernet-samba-4.1.12-9.src.rpm

(Link of course requires a vaild account).

I will note that the Sernet folks have indicated they plan to release
EL7 packages, but that was several months back and nothing is available
yet.

In a pinch, you can often recompile packages from newer versions of
Fedora and in some cases they'll even "just work" without recompile
(I've installed the stock Samba RPM's from Fedora 20 into RHEL7 with
zero issues).

Ray