[CentOS] Samba 4.1.6

Fri Oct 17 20:17:12 UTC 2014
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 10/17/2014 3:54 PM, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 03:51:39PM -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:

>>> They do.
>>>
>>> https://download.sernet.de/packages/samba/4.1/rhel/6/src/sernet-samba-4.1.12-9.src.rpm
>>>
>>> (Link of course requires a vaild account).
>>>
>>> I will note that the Sernet folks have indicated they plan to release
>>> EL7 packages, but that was several months back and nothing is available
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> In a pinch, you can often recompile packages from newer versions of
>>> Fedora and in some cases they'll even "just work" without recompile
>>> (I've installed the stock Samba RPM's from Fedora 20 into RHEL7 with
>>> zero issues).
>> I'll give the source rpm a try and see what happens.
>>
>> Can this package coesist with the current Samba package, or do I
>> need to remove the CentOS Samba package first?
> I'm not 100% certain, but would suggest you remove (and maybe exclude)
> the official RPM's from your system.

Actually, I think I just found a solution to the problem, so I may not
need to worry about it.  For some reason, the user I'm trying to force
with the "force user" command needs to be in the samba password database
in order for it to work even though I'm using domain authentication
otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

--
Bowie