[CentOS] rsync question: building list taking forever

Tue Oct 21 12:50:28 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Mon, October 20, 2014 10:49, Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane
wrote:

> [OP: `they don't allow ssh between the datacenters` ...but... they nfs between
> them...??? ME: much head scratching.]

We have a Value Added Network (VAN) provider who insists on a similar thing.
We were given sftp access to our transaction files but not ssh.  They also
will not run an rsync daemon for us.

We ended up locally mounting the remote host directories with fuse-ssh (sshfs)
over sftp using RSA keys to bypass the interactive logins.

Canada  L8E 3C3