[CentOS] Samba 4.1.6

Tue Oct 21 16:33:53 UTC 2014
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 10/18/2014 8:06 AM, Arun Khan wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:
>> Can this package coesist with the current Samba package, or do I need to
>> remove the CentOS Samba package first?
> Both packages would want to use the same ports netbios ports.

I understand that.  But if they install into different locations, I
should theoretically be able to have them both installed as long as I
don't try to have both of them active at the same time.  That's really
what I was asking -- Does the Sernet package install into the same
location as the base Samba package or are there package dependencies
that would prevent it from being installed alongside the base package?

But it's a moot point for me now since I've found a way around the
problem I was hoping to solve by switching to 4.1.6.

--
Bowie