[CentOS] "No free sectors available" while try to extend logical volumen in a virtual machine running CentOS 6.5

Tue Oct 28 15:18:31 UTC 2014
Dominic Geevarghese <share2dom at gmail.com>

>   PV             VG           Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree  DevSize PV UUID
>   /dev/sda2      vg_devserver lvm2 a--  29.51g     0   79.51g
> ij17Vf-kY56-jfg0-j769-Z1E5-Nk7C-RqYG18
>   unknown device vg_devserver lvm2 a-m  29.99g 29.96g      0
> vSbuSJ-o1Kh-N3ur-JYkM-Ktr4-WEO2-JWe2wS

By looking at fdisk output pasted in your first mail, I don't see more than
2 partition in your first disk - /dev/sda .
The first partition is -  /dev/sda1 - is allocated for /boot  and
second partition is -  /dev/sda2 - for your PV/VG/LV where root resided.
However, the above output indicates you had 2 PVs , which is contradicting
with the information you have shared so far.

I assume that, you have added an additional disk , then extended the VG,
but later removed ? OR  tried another vgcreate ( afaik, lvm shouldn't allow
this but a wild guess ) on actual PV - /dev/sda2 ?

Cheers,