[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CESA-2014:1764 Moderate CentOS 6 wget Security Update

Fri Oct 31 11:19:38 UTC 2014
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 02:16:27PM +0300, Andrey Z. wrote:
> People would be grateful if CentOS developers have built an updated
> version of wget in centosplus repository.

While I am personally a little irritated that this isn't being addressed
by Red Hat the fact is that the workaround is trivial - just add

retr-symlinks=on

in /etc/wgetrc; which is effectively what the patch for CentOS-6 and -7
does.

							John
--
It has to be said, we must all own up that without Les Paul, generations of
flash little punks like us would be in jail or cleaning toilets.  This man,

-- Stones guitarist Keith Richards