[CentOS] Centos7 Annoyances

Fri Oct 31 15:46:11 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:

> I have been using Postfix from 5.x. The fact that you chose to use obsolete
> (from Red Hat's point of view) software should be on no one but you.

That's just an arbitrary choice both on the default side and what you
use.  Both are available and usable.

>> 7) Lack of 32-bit support
>>   I think I understand this.  After all, 32-bit machines may become
>> "unusable" when the clock overflows, but isn't that a few years away,
>> and couldn't some solution be found, even if kludgy?  Some of the 32-bit
>> hardware was of very high quality, and still runs perfectly.  I'd hate
>> to spend a few hundred dollars each to replace all those systems.

Might have something to do with using XFS as the default filesystem.
It has trouble with the 4k stack choice that RH has used on 32-bit
systems.

> I would add idiotic Gnome 3 that does not have right click menu for creating
> launchers (copying .desktop files from /usr/share/applications? works like a
> charm but you need to create them manually for every launcher) and inability
> to place launchers and icons on top panel as infuriating.

More problematic, Gnome3 doesn't work remotely under x2go.   You can
use MATE from EPEL but even that isn't exactly like Gnome2.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com