[CentOS] Runing multiple daemons with systemctl

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 16:52:33 UTC 2014

On 1 Sep 2014 11:10, "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> For example:
>
> a) start daemon1
> b) if daemon1 returns no startup errors, launch daemon2
> c) if daemon1 returns any startup error, doesn't start daemon2 and exit.
>
> Is it possible to do this with systemctl??

In this specific example I'd probably do it as two service units with
daemon2 wanted by multi-user.target and requiring the daemon1 service...

That was daemon2 will want to be started by default and dependencies mean
that will start daemon1 in the process of doing so... But since 2 requires
1 if 1 fails to start for some reason then 2 won't be stated.