[CentOS] Runing multiple daemons with systemctl

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:31:08 UTC 2014

On 2 Sep 2014 10:12, "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks james. That was my first idea ... But some of these daemons can
> conflict with some system packages. For example I need to startup two
> rsyslog daemons, and this can be a problem ... or not??

So long as they don't conflict in ports or sockets I don't see how this
would be a problem... Or at the least it's a simpler problem to solve than
in the sysvinit world ...

cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/rsyslogd.service
/etc/systemd/system/rsyslog-foo.service

Amend the rsyslog-foo.service file to use a different config and any
specific dependencies it needs then:

systemctl enable rsyslog-foo
systemctl start rsyslog-foo

This is a very basic initial YMMV example but should get you started on
some ideas at least...