[CentOS] Verbose readout

Reynold

reynoldlinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:15:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

This is my first post to this mailing list. I have disks set up:

disk 1: windows 8.1 pro (entire disk)
disk 2: openSUSE 13.1 - 1 partition, storage on partition 2
disk 3: Fedora 20 - 1 partition, storage on partition 2
disk 4: CentOS 7 (entire disk)

My grub2 screen is located on disk 2 and has openSUSE logo and screen.
All operating systems start from this grub screen just fine. When I
choose to start CentOS 7 from the grub screen I am sent to disk 4 with
no problem and the operating system begins to load.

When CentOS 7 begins to load it loads in verbose. I get a very detailed
showing of everything that is happening while the system is loading
(this is what I might call init 3). Then it brings me to the login
screen with the user and password prompt (this is in what I might call
init 5). I insert the user's password and I am brought to the desktop.
There are no errors in loading the operating system.

When each of the other systems are loaded there is always a system
splash screen hiding the verbose readout until I arrive at the login
screen. I want to know how I can bring back the splash screen on CentOS
7 to hide the verbose readout. I believe each operating system has a
bootloader on their respective disks.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Reynold DeMarco Jr.