[CentOS] brother printers VS systemd

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Sep 4 00:00:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 06:55:42PM -0500, Tom Bishop wrote:
> *snip*
> >>
> >> Fred
> >
> > following-up on my own posting, can you tell me what choices you made
> > in System-Config-Printer? IPP? LPD? something else?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > --
> > ---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
> >   "For him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his
> >  glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior
> >  be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before
> >                      all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."
> > ----------------------------- Jude 1:24,25 (niv) -----------------------------
>

> Sure so start system-config-printer not as root, when it opens up,
> click on the + then select network printer, on the left hand side it
> should come up with a dialog search window, then enter the IP address
> and hit the search icon and it should discover the device, in most
> cases I use the Appsocket/HPJetdirect option, then go next pick the
> correct dirver and finish up.
>
> Then hopefully you have a working printer :)

thanks Tom!

I just discovered that I did NOT have glibc.i686 installed, and
the Brother binaries are 32-bit binaries. oops.

so I installed glibc.i686 and voila!

Looks as if I won't need to try your recipe, but thanks a lot
for the info, anyway!

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.