[CentOS] Install Centos 6 x86_64 on Dell PowerEdge 2970 and aSSD (hardware probing issues)

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Sep 5 18:50:05 UTC 2014

Jason Pyeron wrote:
> [...]
Ok, I see - it's an old 2970 - I see the manuals on Dell's site were last
revised in 2011. We got rid of all our 2950's (except for one, I think, or
two, and they're another team's). IIRC, they did have a choice of AHCI or
RAID, and I think there may have been one other option. Unless this is
*really* old, I can't imagine that they actually have a physical IDE or
EIDE interface, so there should be some way around this.

       mark