[CentOS] SAMBA as AD DC

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Mon Sep 8 15:59:46 UTC 2014

James Hogarth wrote:
> On 7 Sep 2014 13:01, "Frantisek Hanzlik" <franta at hanzlici.cz> wrote:
>>
>> Are somewhere for these distribution available (unofficial) Samba4
>> RPMs packages with Heimdal Kerberos?
>>

> http://www.enterprisesamba.com
>
> We use these at my workplace.
>
> As for the MIT bit according to the samba technical list if it doesn't
> land in 4.2 it will in 4.3 ...

Hi James, thanks for reply. It seems as at SerNet's site have packages
for RHEL6/Centos6 only, not for RHEL7/Centos7 or any Fedora versions,
at least this.

Regarding to Samba4 with MIT in 4.2/4.3 - as I know, 4.2 still is not
even in rc, thus final release can be perhaps at the turn of the year.
And when time between releases is approx. 9 month, then we can wait around
for year...
I'll keep my fingers crossed, that it happen in 4.2

Franta Hanzlik