[CentOS] Canon PIXMA mg5420 or HP Photo Smart 7520

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:58:11 UTC 2014

If you cannot find a native, free solution...

I use this commercial print driver with my Brother HL5370DW (bw laser)
and I'm very happy:

http://www.turboprint.info

30 day free trial... so there's nothing to loose.

I have a Brother ink jet as well... don't use it in linux but it would
probably work.  I've purchased non-OEM color ink cartridges on Amazon
for $4.  That is 3 color and 1 bw cartridge shipped, as a set, to my
door, for $4 total.   And they seem to be working as good as the OEM.
Wish I would have bought more...

If you really need a specific printer and it's not linux compatible, you
could do this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-any-GDI-printer-with-GNULinux/