[CentOS] Installation of Xmgrace and pymol package

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 05:48:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM, MOHD HOMAIDUR RAHMAN
<rahmanhpu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Centos User
>
> I am trying to install package like
>
> 1) pymol
> 2 Xmgrace
>
> But unable install this package, showing this error. I search for this
> error in google, but the suggestions given there is not working for me. The
> same message showing for both software pakage.
>
> root at localhost tmp]# yum install grace
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
>  * base: ftp.iitm.ac.in
>  * elrepo: elrepo.mirrors.arminco.com
>  * epel: epel.mirror.net.in
>  * extras: ftp.iitm.ac.in
>  * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
>  * updates: ftp.iitm.ac.in
> No package grace available.
> Error: Nothing to do
>
> root at localhost tmp]#
>
> Please suggest me to how to resolve the problem ?
> Thank you in advance for help

I can help you only with 'pymol' because this is something I use daily.

I presume you are running CentOS 7 because pymol for EL6 is available
from EPEL. Your output suggests it was not found in EPEL. Now, in EL7,
you need to build it from the source tar file. Try following this
forum thread:

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48128&p=204806#p204806

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Akemi