[CentOS] quota doesn't appear to work - repquota only updates when quotacheck is run

Alexander Rusa alexander.rusa at emerion.com
Tue Sep 16 12:11:12 UTC 2014

I found the solution.

For some reason quota was turned off although it was turned on some time ago.

You can find this out using:

# quotaon -ap
group quota on / (/dev/xvda1) is on
user quota on / (/dev/xvda1) is on
group quota on /chroot/home (/dev/xvda3) is off
user quota on /chroot/home (/dev/xvda3) is off

And solve the problem using

# quotaon -g /dev/path
or
# quotaon -u /dev/path