[CentOS] OT: hardware question

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Sep 16 20:43:45 UTC 2014

On 9/16/2014 1:39 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> No, I cannot "do the experiment". I've got to get these racked and up and
> running, for my users to use. They're not my toys....

then call the vendor(s).   ask their advice...

now...  if this is a rack mount Dell PowerEdge server, and a
server-oriented RAID card, the airflow is NOT convective heat rising,
its massive forced air from the front of the chassis to the rear.   so
orientation and whatever is not very important, lots of air will be
forced past the heatsinks.