[CentOS] Advice on CentOS 7, software raid 1, lvm, 3 TB

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 01:13:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Jeff Boyce <jboyce at meridianenv.com> wrote:

> Sorry for breaking the threading, as I only get the daily digest.  My
> comments (interspersed) begin with the **.

<...snipped...>

> Arch Linux create soft-raid -
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Software_RAID_and_LVM
>
> ** I had not found this one.  My first impression scanning through it is
> that it looks to have a lot of the other subjects I am interested in (mbr
> vs. gpt, XFS filesystem, EUFI vs BIOS mode).
>

> repairing - http://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Mdadm_recovery_and_resync
> repairing - http://ethertubes.com/repair-md-mdadm-raid/
> repairing -
> http://blog.laimbock.com/2014/04/01/how-to-replace-a-failed-
> disk-with-linux-software-raid-mdadm/
>
> ** Yes, thanks for these also.  I am planning on outlining and testing my
> disaster recovery process when I set this up so I don't have to figure it
> out in a crisis when/if it happens.
>
> **  Thanks for your time.
> Jeff

You're most welcome.
Happy I could point you in the direction of at least one (worthwhile)
resource you didn't previously find. ;-)

Oh and a lot of time, the Gentoo Wiki (and Handbook) is a great resource as
well (in addition to the Arch Linux Wiki for example).
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_installation_tips_and_tricks
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Complete_Handbook/Software_RAID

I don't often document where I read what.  Though I try to keep notes of
what commands I needed for this or that, but not all of them.

--
Mike