[CentOS] CentOS 7, xfs

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Thu Sep 25 19:41:57 UTC 2014

Well, I've set up one of our new JetStors. xfs took *seconds* to put a
filesystem on it.

We're talking what df -h shows as 66TB.

(Pardon me, my mind just SEGV'd on that statement....)

Using bonnie++, I found that
   a) GPT and partitioning gave was insignificantly different than
creating an
         xfs filesystem on a raw disk. I'm more comfortable with the
partition, though.
   b) There was a small but significant difference if, when I created the
filesystem,
         if I gave sw and su in the mkfs.xfs command.

I do have a question for the group mind, though: mounting these monstrous
partitions... should I, or, in fact, do I *need* to give, as a mount
option inode64? There will be a *lot* of files on this sucker.... What are
the pros and cons of that?

        mark