[CentOS] daemon for nfs client

Dan Hyatt

dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 25 21:13:08 UTC 2014

In days of old, in Solaris there was a daemon for NFS Client, and NFS
server (actually several including portmap...).
I am unable to find reference to the daemon that runs NFS client
But the RedHat Documentation does not explain the NFS client daemon. Is
this a service or something else.

on centos6.5
I previously posted about a really weird root filesystem. It started on
another non critical server. so I found out when I unmounted the NFS
filesystem the problem went away. BUT the NFS filesystem will not remount.
On the non critical server, an old windows trick "reboot fixes
everything"  brought NFS and the mount up clean no problems
But I want to try and fix this on the critical server without a reboot.

Is there a way to stop and start the NFS client like I can restart the
NFS server?