[CentOS] firefox: annoyance

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:27:50 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Valeri Galtsev
<galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> No, it is not because of that. At least in my case. I started looking for
> decent open source browser that to an extent possible follows the rule
> "don't change anything unless it is absolutely necessary" as far as the
> way of user interaction goes some 5 or so years ago. Not only changes that
> brake all former logic (I'm talking about Firefox here), but also stupid
> rushing of new hardly ever tested "releases",... So, you are happy with
> it; it's your way of life, silly or not is seems to me. The same as my
> feelings about "enterprise attitude" any sort of software, silly or not my
> feelings seem to you.

The problem is that the "don't change anything" rule can't start until
you get it right the first time, and browsers in general are still
working on that - along with the standards committees. If you are
using CentOS7 you have the option of adding google chrome which
probably is even worse for the rate of change but at least it is
closely in tune with google sites and across various devices.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com