[CentOS] CentOS 7 does not pick up my atheros wireless

Martes

Tue Sep 30 15:33:18 UTC 2014

Greetings everyone.

My recently installed CentOS 7 instance does not enable wireless via Network Manager or otherwise.

I have the following output from lspci:

lspci |grep AR
08:05.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR5212/AR5213 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

uname -a
Linux imaginationland 3.10.0-123.8.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Sep 22 19:06:58 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

iw --version
iw version 3.10

iw -l reports that nl80211 is not found, which is probably the root cause of not having access to the pci device, however, I have no idea why I am unable to access this module.

I am unable to get wireless working, however, just prior to uninstalling network manager, I did see it there.

I use one of the vms as backup for my personal groupware server which needs to stay active, so I removed network manager, and made sure the configuration for the network and iptables was valid, prior to re-installing network manager.
However, after re-installing, Network Manager never sees the wireless device at all.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I have not had this type of trouble with linux in quite a few years, and usually if anything I just needed to install the 80211 kernel modules, etc...

I am unable to even pull those from repos, on this new install.

Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth