[CentOS] Spacewalk? Local repo? Cache?

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 30 19:25:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, September 30, 2014 2:10 pm, Chris Beattie wrote:
> On 9/29/2014 1:59 PM, Chris Beattie wrote:
>> How do you all keep a dozen or more Linux boxes updated?
>
> I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at once for the advice.  It's
> much appreciated.
>
> I also wanted to apologize in advance to those who were injured by the
> legal text at the end of my previous message (I have no control over it.
> It is mandatory on all outgoing messages AND the use of personal e-mail
> accounts is prohibited where I work.), because, well, you're just going to
> get offended again if you keep reading past the signature block separator.
>  We all know the legalese down there is worse than YouTube comments, which
> at least have a nonzero chance of being funny going for them.

I'm usually the one who reacts sharply to that [il]legal nonsense in
e-mail footers. I usually write my position about it to the best of my
English language abilities, so the sender of the message has somebody's
else writing about legal nonseseness of it which he/she can pass over to
the ones in charge who ordered the footer and hence can revert the
decision. And I do my best to indeed reveal the feeling of the person who
does read that footer and comprehends what is being said, thus to
encourage the sender to indeed pass the message on up the ladder...

Cheers ;-)

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator