[CentOS] An R rpm question

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Sep 2 20:23:23 UTC 2014

On 9/2/2014 1:17 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Warren Young wrote:
>> >
>> >??
>> >
>> >The latest version of R is 3.1.1:http://www.r-project.org/
>> >
>> >Do you mean 3.1.0-5?
> Sorry, typo. I've been a tad busy today... any busier, and I'd feel like a
> one-armed paperhanger....

so the question is, where did the older 3.0.x version you want get
installed from?

`rpm -qi R-core`   should provide the repo info on the systems with the
earlier version, similar to...

# yum info R-core
Name        : R-core
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.1.0
Release     : 5.el6
Size        : 48 M
Repo        : epel
Summary     : The minimal R components necessary for a functional runtime
URL         : http://www.r-project.org
License     : GPLv2+
Description : A language and environment for statistical computing and
graphics.
             : R is similar to the award-winning S system, which was
developed at
             : Bell Laboratories by John Chambers et al. It provides a wide
             : variety of statistical and graphical techniques (linear and
             : nonlinear modelling, statistical tests, time series analysis,
             : classification, clustering, ...).
             :
             : R is designed as a true computer language with control-flow
             : constructions for iteration and alternation, and it
allows users to
             : add additional functionality by defining new functions. For
             : computationally intensive tasks, C, C++ and Fortran code
can be linked
             : and called at run time.