[CentOS] (OT) Where can I find a PERC Simulator?

Anthony K

akcentos at anroet.com
Wed Sep 3 07:12:55 UTC 2014

On 03/09/14 16:50, John R Pierce wrote:
> never heard of any such thing.
>
> buy a cheap server with a real PERC, like
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-2950-II-Server-2x-2-33GHz-E5345-Quad-Core-16GB-RAM-2x1TB-PERC-5i-/221295119685?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item3386378d4

That was Dell's response too and that's what I've been doing. However,
this is such a major headache for a large group when you are trying to
do hands on training - it takes terribly long as we have to reboot
between each configuration setting!  A simulator would help as the
trainees could play with different configurations before doing it on
real hardware!

I always have ~5 Dell R720's servers on my bench at anyone time - I was
trying to get more people in the team involved to ease the load on the
few (me) who know how to do it!

Anyway, such is life!

Cheers,
ak.